Wednesday, October 14, 2009

dystopia!

Today I learned about two YA dystopian novel challenges that are going on at Bart's Bookshelf and Books on the Nightstand. This genre has been a favorite of mine since I read The Giver in fifth grade. I probably read that book thirty times. I'm not sure what about it captivated me so much, but it remains one of my favorite books to this day.


So, I need to read at least three books set in dystopian societies and written for a young adult audience. My three are:

1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

2. Uglies by Scott Westerfield

3. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan


I have Uglies in my possession as we speak, but I'll need to get my hands on the other two.


I'll continue to update this post throughout the challenge, reporting on my progress.

2 comments:

  1. I just joined this challenge and The Hunger Games is on my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining my challenge, and I hope you have a ton of fun with it!

    ReplyDelete