Tuesday, October 20, 2009

review: affinity by sarah waters

I just finished Affinity, my third Sarah Waters book. I don't love it as much as Tipping the Velvet or Fingersmith, but I did love it and can wholeheartedly recommend it to you if dark and creepy prisons, mysterious spirits, secrets, death, madness and obsession are up your alley. It's a dark book, really well-written and at times the pervasive sense of dread crept off of the page and into my brain. And with my attention span- a book HAS to be good to keep me reading until 5 am. I think it was a good choice for October. I also think that Sarah Waters is now officially one of my Favorite Writers.

3 comments:

  1. This one is on my shelf--sorry you did not like it as much as Fingersmith and Tipping the Velvet--loved those 2 as well. Thanks for the honest review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i still liked it a lot! it's just that those two are among my very very favorite books ever. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, first of all: i like your blog very much, i like to read your reviews and your opinion netx: i am not sure if i should read tipping the velvet or affinity, I have read Fingersmiths recently, and I though it was to much like jane eyre...i would love to read a tipping the velvet review by you, if you feel like it, let me know :)

    ReplyDelete